Important Safety Information
Indications and clinical use:
FluMist® Quadrivalent is indicated for the active immunization of individuals 2-59 years of age against influenza caused by virus subtypes A and type B contained in the vaccine.
Relevant warnings and precautions:
- Individuals with a history of hypersensitivity, especially anaphylactic reactions to eggs, egg proteins, gentamicin, gelatin, arginine or to any other ingredient in the formulation
- Individuals with a history of hypersensitivity to a previous influenza vaccination
For more information:
- Individuals with severe asthma or medically-attended active wheezing in the seven days prior to vaccination
- Individuals under the age of 18 receiving aspirin or aspirin-containing therapy
- Individuals who have reported Guillain-Barré syndrome within six weeks of any prior influenza vaccination
- Individuals who are immunosuppressed
- Pregnant or nursing women
Consult the Product Monograph at www.azinfo.ca/flumist/pm782 for important information relating to adverse reactions, drug interactions and dosing information. The Product Monograph is also available by calling AstraZeneca Canada Inc. at 1-800-668-6000.